Forthcoming Appearances (updated 30 July 2017):
I have committed to the following speaking events and appearances. Unless otherwise specified, they relate to Sevastopol’s Wars. Further details will be provided on the website when available: in the meantime, all details may be subject to change and I recommend that you confirm them with the venue concerned before making any arrangements to attend.
Should you be interested in inviting me to speak at your event, please do not hesitate to contact me or, if the event relates specifically to my book on Sevastopol, Emily Heagerty at my publishers Osprey.
- Saturday, 16 September: Presentation of the 4th Burgoyne Annual Lecture, Royal School of Military Engineering, Chatham (an invitation only event during the Corps of Royal Engineers Memorial Weekend).
- Saturday, 21 October 2017: Presentation of a paper at the Russian Conference, Moffat.
- Saturday, 11 November 2017: Talk to the West Sussex History of Medicine Society, Chichester.
- Friday, 24 November 2017: Late morning talk at the National Army Museum, London.
- Monday, 27 November 2017: Evening talk to the Special Forces Club, London.
- Monday, 11 December 2017: Evening talk to the Great Britain – Russia Society, London.
- Thursday, 14 December 2017: Evening lecture as part of the Keele World Affairs series, Keele.
- Monday, 30 January 2017: Pre-dinner talk to the Honourable Artillery Company Historical Society, Armoury House, London.
- Thursday, 20 April 2017: After dinner talk at the Caledonian Society of London.
- Wednesday, 26 April 2017: Respondent at a dinner held by the United Kingdom Defence Forum in the Palace of Westminster.
- Thursday, 25 May 2017: Lunch time seminar at the Institute for Statecraft, London.
- Thursday, 1 June 2017 : Late afternoon seminar at the Sir Michael Howard Centre for the History of War, King’s College London.
- Monday, 5 – Tuesday, 6 June 2017: Baltic lecture tour to Estonia and Latvia, including talks at the Baltic Defence College at Tartu and the National Defence Academy of Latvia, Riga.
- Wednesday, 28 June 2017: Late afternoon talk at the Prince Consort’s Library, Aldershot.
- Thursday, 13 July 2017: Presentation at the Geological Society’s conference entitled ‘Sharing an Uncertain World: Lessons in Managing Risk’ – for details, follow this link. My title was ‘Military Risks: the Paradoxes of Likelihood, Proximity and Deniability’.
- Wednesday, 26 July 2017: Lunch time talk at the Royal United Services Institute, London. This was a members-only event but there were a few guest places available on application to me.